Thursday, September 26, 2013

School, work, and dreaming of sunshine.

Sorry that it's taken me SO long to write this post! We haven't had internet at our house until (hopefully) today. It's been a little difficult living in a home without internet, and I've been trying to get by with just school and visits to the library and my parent's house. 

Here are a few more pictures from our trip to Coeur D'Alene:





It was so incredibly beautiful there... Matt and I have a dream of owning a cabin on the lake someday :)

Here's a catch up of the last few weeks: Matt started his job at Pro Club on Tuesday. He has long hours and a tired brain from all the information he's soaking up in his orientation but he absolutely loves it. I am so excited for him!

I had the two-day orientation at UW for my doctorate program last week, and my first day of class this Thursday. I am still getting used to the bumper-to-bumper traffic commute into Seattle but I am so happy to be starting school once again. I am one of seven Pediatric Nurse Practitioner students, and we are part of a cohort of 68 Doctorate of Nursing Practice students (including other disciplines such as Adult/Geriatric, Maternity, Psych and Family). It is so wonderful to be advancing my education in the nursing field and to be able to study at the #1 nursing graduate school in the nation. I am surrounded by classmates and professors with years of experience in many different settings, so I have much to learn. The program is a "hybrid" program, meaning half of it is online. This is great because is requires me to go to campus for class only once every other week - which offers me a lot of flexibility. 

That flexibility is great because I am on the verge of getting a job (I hope)!! I have had two interviews and I have another scheduled on Monday. The jobs are all wonderful opportunities and I will be working full-time (4 ten hour shifts/week) in addition to full-time school. Stay tuned to hear how all of it turns out! :)

Sorry I don't have many pictures to post today. I will hopefully get to post how the newly decorated inside of the farmhouse looks soon :)




1 comment:

  1. Whew! You are going to be crazy busy with a schedule like that Em! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete