Today is December 1st. The Christmas season is just getting geared up, and it is one of my favorite days of the year.
It's Matt Day!!
Today, my sweet husband is 29. He brushes birthdays off as if they are nothing, where I celebrate them as what they really are: a holiday! Last night we went and bought him a VERY big present that I will reveal later this week, ate at the Seattle Center and saw Sherlock Holmes: The Hound of the Baskervilles at the Seattle Repertory Theater. It was fantastic! The actors, the set, the graphic and the live music was all incredible. It was such a fun night out.
Today, we're going to my parent's house for part 2 of Matt day celebration. His favorite cake is there along with some presents and lots of family.
Now, to honor my favorite boy, here are 29 things I love about him:
1. He will eat anything and everything. Leftovers are his best friend.
2. He served an LDS mission in Denver, Colorado. I love that he took me there to visit all of the people and places special to him and that he tells stories often.
3. Knowing cars is a hobby of his. Right now, he's loving MINIs (hint hint).
4. He loves to sing and has a beautiful voice.
5. He doesn't quit.
6. He is so very athletically gifted. He thinks "trying hard" means until you puke or collapse.
7. He is great with little kids - our nephews, cousins and my sisters. He pretty much turns into a little kid too and loves to play.
8. He ran a marathon on a whim, with no training.
9. He is the most supportive person I have in my life. He encourages me to chase after my dreams and won't let me give up.
10. He loves to go camping and all outdoor activities. Those have provided such great bonding experiences for us and has instilled in him a respect and love for the earth.
11. We both love to watch movies.
12. He's got a wonderful, loving, fun family. I definitely drew the lucky in-law card!
13. He's the best road-trip partner.
14. He loves guns, taught me how to shoot, and bought me my first gun.
15. He cares about people. When I met him, he was a CNA. In that job, you learn how to love and care for people that are rude, smelly and difficult. He has a love for everyone and their stories.
16. He is a loyal and honest man.
17. He holds my hand all the time.
18. We love to eat gelato together.
19. He will watch Bachelor/Bachelorette with me. He makes fun of it the whole time and it makes it SO much better to watch!
20. He has a background as an electrician (his dad owns an electrical business) so he is seriously the best handyman there is. He can fix anything and actually loves doing it.
21. He can cook.
22. He is a good friend.
23. He has perfectly-straight teeth with no braces. Yay for our kids! haha.
24. He kills all the spiders in the house for me.
25. He always knows what I want better than I do: He even picked my wedding rings out.
26. He loves animals - especially dogs. I wish I wasn't so badly allergic to them so that we could get one.
27. Football, football, football! Good thing I like football too.
28. He has a strong sense of personal responsibility - to correct what he's done wrong, to give respect, and to leave the world a better place.
29. He listens to God and is a grateful, loving man.
I love to celebrate him!!!