Monday, October 28, 2013

Boo!

Happy Monday, all! I hope you are enjoying your dose of Autumn in your corner of the world. Fall here in the Seattle area has been spectacular. I have commented so many times to my husband that I have never realized that Washington had such a beautiful fall season. The fluorescent reds, oranges, and yellows of the changing trees mixed with the trademark evergreen of the state is truly picturesque. 

This weekend we made the Winn Family recipe of Pumpkin Casserole! Matt and I made this last year as well and it is turning into one of my favorite fall traditions! 


You bake all of the yummy ingredients in a small-medium pumpkin for a few hours and you get a fun, festive and filling dish! My (picky) little sisters absolutely loved this too. Give it a try this week!

Winn Family Pumpkin Casserole

4 cups cooked rice
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 lb ground beef/turkey browned
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 med/small pumpkin cleaned out

-Prepare rice, brown meat and mix all ingredients together. Stuff casserole in pumpkin and bake @ 350 degrees on a cookie sheet 2 hours, or until the pumpkin is soft.

It only took our pumpkin about 1-1/2 hours to cook. Make sure you scoop all the pumpkin out with the rice and enjoy! We sprinkled some shredded cheese on top of the casserole before we ate it. Cheese always makes everything better, right?!

We also carved pumpkins with the family this weekend. Here are some pictures from the fun:













Note: It is actually pretty difficult to carve and EKG pattern into a pumpkin! But worth it :)

Carving pumpkins is one of my favorite things to do with my family around Halloween. Another is dressing up for parties! Matt and I dressed as firemen for our church party last weekend:


It was really fun!! Hope you all are enjoying the Halloween holiday - have a safe and fun one this year!!




2 comments:

  1. Cute!! I love your pumpkin Em! I never think of clever things to carve like that. I'm like...um eyes....nose...mouth! Ok done! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It's always a little more competitive around my parent's house... like most things! Love you guys too!

      Delete