Monday, January 13, 2014

Yay for birthdays!

The beginning of the year is an exciting time around these parts... we've got two birthdays back to back! We started the festivities out with our traditional Spaghetti Factory dinner for family birthdays.



My 23rd birthday was on January 4th. It was a fun day filled with ice cream cake, family time and my company winter party. 




I am a little bit sad that I can no longer sing Taylor Swift's "twenty-two," with as much enthusiasm, but I am very excited about the year that lies ahead!

On January 12th, Miss Whitney turned 10! 







It is so crazy that our red-headed spunky angel is getting so old! She is truly a miracle and watching her blow out her 10-year-old candles is somewhat emotional for me. I think about how lucky we are as a family to have been blessed with her spirit for this long and to get to watch her grow up. I think of all of my precious kiddos from the cancer unit in SLC, some who are still living and some who were called back to heaven, with love. Cancer sucks... but it sure helps us remember what is precious in life. 

For Whit's birthday, she and Lizzie (perks of being a sis!) got their ears pierced! It was a fun outing and they both survived with new sparkly things in their ears :)


Oh, and... HOW BOUT THEM HAWKS!!!! Love my team!!! (Blue Friday at work)



We go on working and schooling and trying to fit in some play time... hopefully you all have seamlessly begun post-holiday "normal life" again! Have a happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment